So you are heading off to San Diego for the GBTA Convention and you have some free time. So what should you do? Well first, you should reach out and hear about the new things we are doing at Topaz - but you can do that during the day while you are working at the convention. Meeting old and new friends is where the most value will come from during this time away from the office. Then, you should consider these top ten things to do while you are in San Diego!
10. Go to a Padres Baseball Game. You can sit in the standard stadium seating or sit in the sandy area, complete with lounge chairs.
9. Visit Kansas City BBQ. This casual sports bar was where Maverick and Goose played "Great Balls of Fire" on the piano in Top Gun.
8. Peruse the USS Midway (Museum). Known around the world as "Navy Town, USA". This is a once in a life time experience.
7. Find the Secret Swings. They are hidden amongst the trees above Scripps Pier on the hillsides of La Jolla. It's a small hike but you will have a stellar ocean view.
6. Walk the Spruce Street Suspension Bridge. Located in the residential Bankers Hill neighborhood, it was built in 1912. Conquer your fear of heights as you sway back and forth over Session Canyon 70 feet below.
5. View the SS Monte Carlo Shipwreck. Head to Coronado beach and just below the water's surface lies the shipwrecked SS Monte Carlo.
4. Explore Sunny Jim Cave. This cave is accessible via a hand-dug tunnel through a gift shop in La Jolla. For a small fee, you can venture down the narrow staircase of 145 steps where you will then reach the platform leading to an incredible ocean view.
3. Head to the Historical Gaslamp Quarter. Good for shopping, dining and vibrant nightlife.
2. Relax in the Meditation Gardens. You need a little Zen time after all your meetings. Located by downtown Encinitas, with plenty of street parking in the area. It has beautiful plants and trees with a gorgeous view of the ocean.
1. Meet with Brad at GBTA. Brad always has great stories to tell and is good for a few laughs.
We look forward to seeing you and please feel free to reach out if you need any suggestions or advice.